Wednesday, July 21, 2010

NCAL's Pedal for Paws

On August 22, 2010, there is a fundraising ride in Stowe, VT. It is comprised of a Century, Metric Century, and a Fun Ride (25 miles). The proceeds of the event are to benefit the animals at the North Country Animal League. I have ridden it (the metric) two of the three years that it has happened. It is a very nice ride and it is for a very good cause.

This year I decided to contact the organizers and give them a proposal. I would build a custom steel frame and fork for a lucky individual that will win a raffle to raise money for the shelter.

I am really excited about this project. I will be building a frame and fork that will be displayed to represent what some lucky winner will receive. Lucky for me, I will be building the display for myself. I will build it up over the winter and have it to enjoy for next year's season. Feel free to Click for some details of the event and the frame. The build will begin soon and be documented right here on the blog for you to follow along.

A brief description: Pacenti Artisan lugs, BB shell and fork crown, Nova tube set, Henry James dropouts, and a hand full of braze-ons. Stay tuned.

No comments: